Friday, 15 June 2012

When I grow up I'll be a monster

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I'll be a hurricane, when I grow up, an ugly thunder
I'll be a forest fire, about to flood over an empire
I'll be an avalanche, chewing it's rupture
I'll be a killer whale, when I grow up, I'll be a monster
-Orca
Wintersleep


As a child of the 80s and 90s I have a real weakness for the Ninja Turtles. I remember the cheesy cartoon (which I watched religiously, along with Spiderman), and I'm even fond of the first two live action movies. I actually kind of fancied Raphael, weird I know, but I love me a rebel. Back then the Turtles weren't just retro-cool but cool-cool.
And clearly I'm not the only one who thought so... illustrator Dave Rapozza recently turned this...



... into this. 







Seriously, how awesome are these? I love the fact that Raph is most beaten up and bloody - you just know he's been out causing fights and getting into trouble again. Their eyes are great, I love how creepy and alien they look by not having a pupil; so, so, cool. 
My childhood beliefs are now confirmed - I always knew the Turtles were badass :D


No comments:

Post a Comment