Thursday, 21 June 2012

Every second dripping off my fingertips

Sketches
Every second dripping off my fingertips
Wage your war, wage your war
Another soldier says he's not afraid to die
I am scared, I'm so scared
- Somewhere a Clock is Ticking
Snow Patrol

I was inspired/guilted into making a kind of portfolio blog after reading the articles on the Muddy Colours blog, and after following a post by Dan Dos Santos I've cobbled together a rough version that I can have a play about with and try to make a little more funky. Right now it's a bit dull and kind of bog standard, not to mention sparse - most of my portfolio work is so ancient it embarrasses me, which is why I've never made an actual portfolio website, because, er, I don't really have a portfolio right now. 
Yea. I should really get onto that. 
So, with that in mind I thought I'd share a couple of sketches I'm currently working on. The top one is actually mostly finished, it's been painted and coloured, just needs scanning, the bottom one I'm about half way through painting. First pic is based on a scene from a story I wrote a long time ago, the second is inspired by Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series, and is my take on the infamous Jace in the greenhouse scene, and in case you were wondering, yes, he is fully clothed in the painted version. Booo. 



I will try to update soon with a couple of snaps of how these pics are looking now - might be interesting, right? I'd also like to make a post on my jewellery making hobby, mainly beaded necklaces and braided bracelets. All I need now is the time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment